How do I place a test order?
It is a good practice to place a test order before launching your site. This will allow you to see the checkout process for your customers, and will help you identify if there are any areas to modify or update:
- First, create a new user and login as a test customer.
- Add items to the shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
- When you are asked to select your Payment Method, choose Credit Card and use the following test card info:
Security Code: 123
- You can also view the shipping methods available to select.
- Now, check your email. Since you registered as a customer and placed an order, you will receive an email notification from the Site Message area. Also, as the Site Admin, you will receive an email notification that an order has been placed.
- On the Store Manager, click on Orders, and from List, you can click on the Order Number.
- From here, you will see the invoice, which you can edit, email, etc.