How do I edit customer fields?
Visit Admin > Customer > Fields
From here, you can view and edit customer fields:
- Enabled – check this to enable
- Required – check this to make this field mandatory
- Event Registration – this will show under event registration
- Public – check this to enable the field to show on the front end for the customer to see during registration. Leaving this unchecked, will allow for the admin to make notes on the customer, using the admin, but will not allow the customer to make inputs.
- Show on Invoice – checking this will allow the field to show on the front end invoice
- Show on Quote – checking this will allow the field to show on the front end quote
- Field Type – Text or Date. Select setting for text field or date field
- Multi Store – If you website contains multi-stores, you can select from a dropdown menu, which multi store to assign this field to show
- Name – The name you input here will show as the description name, next to the input box
- Pre Value – pre values are pre-assigned choices you can designate for the user to select from. If you leave this empty, the customer can input their own data.
For example, if Field 5 (birthday), ‘is checked’ enabled, but ‘not checked’ public, the field will not show on the front of the site for the customer to input data too. The admin can see this field on the backend of the admin, and can input notes on the customer for the this field.
The admin can input the data (birthdate) here, under pre value (below). This data recordation, for this example, could be used to send out birthday emails to the customer.
To save and finish, click Update Customer